March 18, 2015

Does USA need missionaries?

Kiro.
Today I met great sister Melanie. She is going to participate in the Stonewall Mission in Denmark. They will bring 500 Bibles there and will spread the word of God and His love. I was surprised about statistics she shared with me, that there is just 2% of Christians at that country. Usually Churches send missions to the poor regions. But this one is different. Denmark is actually quite wealthy place. Sometimes people ask me, "Why did you came from Ukraine to USA for a mission trip?" And they are really surprised.
I think, people that make other people think about internal and eternal things are needed everywhere. Because the world is too much focused on external.

Connected to the topic was the meeting with other brother. He told his opinion: "Church now is not about purity but about the grace". But I think that we can feel true grace only when we practicing the purity. Chastity, fidelity, living for the sake of others, loyalty, friendship, respect... Of course we do mistakes but we need to repent and strive every day to keep the Holy Spirit in our life.
So I am very grateful to have an opportunity to serve God in USA for the sake of this nation, for the sake of Ukraine and for the sake of the world.
P.S.: Thanks to miss Melanie for the Holy Bible, that she gave me as a gift:)
Kiro.

The articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent this Program’s official position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment