April 16, 2015

Good Habit or Daily Hobby.

Hi, brothers and sisters!
Couple days ago I met a wonderful woman. She knew that I am a christian and when she heard  my story, that I came from Ukraine, and I have a big desire to change my country for better, when she heard that I do a lot of education in my country in order to revive the lives of my people, and serve them trying to spread the God's word, she decided to give me a mustard seed.
 
Most of you know this story, but for those who forgot or those who want to refresh in their minds metaphorical meaning of a seed, I'd like to give you a small passage from the Matthew 13:

31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

It can seem your efforts of studying and applying the Word have no value. But if one changes his lifestyle it would be the change of the one 7 billionth part of this world, right? I just want to emphasize how it is important to read the Word every day. Let it become our daily habit, something like our hobby to study the God's word.

We eat three times a day, sometimes even more... But what kind of food is more important for our spiritual life? Of course, it's a spiritual food. In my case the word of God is something like a protection from all evil and temptations that I meet everyday in my life.
So, guys, I encourage you to make the studying of Scriptures your life tradition, the tradition of your family, so that eventually it may become a tradition of the whole world!!! And this world gonna change for better.
... Bon appetite! ;)
Max.


The articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent this Program’s official position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment